London. c£50,000. We are delighted to be recruiting for Virgin Media.
They are looking for a new Senior Public Affairs Manager to join their creative and dynamic team. If you are bright, personable, results oriented with great attention to detail, you could be their next Senior Public Affairs Manager.
You will be working on issues related to internet provision, broadband, digital and television and every day will present new challenges and an opportunity to shape the political discourse in these areas.
- Devise and implement a public affairs engagement programme, as part of the overall communications strategy, to support the Virgin Media’s mission and key initiatives.
- Build visibility and understanding of Virgin’s role, achievements and policy positions among political stakeholders and officials in national and local government.
- Work closely with Head of Public Affairs to communicate key policy initiatives.
- Build and sustain a detailed level of knowledge on key policy developments affecting the organisation.
You will need:
- Proven public affairs experience within an in-house environment, consultancy or political context.
- Active awareness of key developments in infrastructure & telecoms policy arenas.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Excellent skills in project planning and management.
- Experience of working with and influencing at a senior level.
- Excellent networking skills and interpersonal relationship skills.
We anticipate a high level of interest in this role, so if this sounds like the new challenge which you’ve been looking for, please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the button below. Initial screening will take place with interviews at Ellwood Atfield immediately, with first round interviews taking place thereafter.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
PICTURE : Dublin, Ireland. 1st October 2015 — Sir Richard Branson launches the new Virgin Media broadband at RDS in Dublin.