£40,000 – £50,000.
FTSE 250 business, multi-faceted role for passionate, dynamic press officer / account executive looking for a step up and into an in-house role.
If you’re currently an Account Executive or Account Manager, within an agency, and would like to make your move in-house, this could be the perfect opportunity. This role provides all the variety enjoyed in an agency role and also delivers the depth that you can often only access in-house.
This is a brilliant business. It is also a wonderful place to be for its Communication team – for all the right reasons.
As a result of being FTSE 100 listed, there’s a corporate and financial PR requirement. They also have a consumer and B2C side to their business, which gives yet another facet to your role. Underpinning everything they do is a strong CSR component that flows through all messaging.
If you would like to spend Monday to Friday banging the drum of one of London’s smartest and most vogueish corporations, then apply immediately. Shortlisting will happen in the next few days.
- Build and maintain existing relationships with new and existing media
- Write press releases and content for social media circulation as well as articles and speeches
- Manage the day-to-day press office activities
- Proactively generate news and features content
- Media liaison, including setting up interviews and press briefings
- Manage proactive press campaigns for events
- Produce the quarterly newsletter distributed to employees
- Manage external agencies on planning and execution of proactive and reactive campaigns
Skills and Experiences
- Be dynamic and enthusiastic
- Thrive in a commercial and fast paced environment
- Be eager to learn and grow in the role
- Have excellent writing skills
- Be organised and methodical in your approach
- Have an understanding of social media
Written by Angela Thomas
Angela heads the Corporate Communications and Agency Practice and her experienced team covers the full cycle of life in the agency world. More stories from Angela.
Picture by: Tim Ireland / PA Archive/Press Association Images. A woman admires the giant chess pieces which form The Tournament, an installation by Spanish artist Jaime Hayon in London’s Trafalgar Square to mark the start of The London Design Festival.