London. £60,000 – £75,000 + excellent benefits.
The sharing economy has changed the world. This is a well reported fact and will come as a surprise to very few. Every day we are confronted with so much choice it is practically blinding; booking a holiday, which hotel do I choose? Booking an apartment, room or b’n’b? Getting home; flag a cab or use an app? Our client is at the cutting edge of this choice-driven and shared economy landscape. A company that has successfully embraced the innovations of the best consumer tech brands but has seen through the difficult growing pains of a younger firm into being fully engaged with structure and an establishment. It holds a significant and powerful punch in its sector. They are recruiting for a Senior PR Manager to join their award-winning team.
Based in central London within a spacious and well-facilitated open plan office, this company is the top player in their area within the consumer technology industry. The communications team is well-structured and is led by the Head of Communications who is incredibly nurturing and supportive. Shortlisted for PRCA and CIPR awards, this team certainly punches above its weight and has managed to continuously achieve excellent results year by year. With a personalised training and development programme, employees are being well looked after with fantastic benefits across all levels.
• Develop and implement PR strategy that delivers coverage results for the consumer technology division of the business (reporting directly into the Head of Communications).
• Working closely with internal business partners to ensure campaigns are integrated.
• Take ownership of managing a budget and an external agency which focuses on news generation.
• Maintain and build relationships with all media to deliver the brand’s messages.
• Support the public affairs programme.
• Identify corporate key messages and deliver integrated campaigns.
Skills, experience and competencies
- PR agency background would be ideal.
- Ideally a consumer PR generalist with experience and passion in consumer technology.
- Experience in the energy sector with a good knowledge of its complex sector challenges.
- Enjoy working in an autonomous, mature and self-motivated environment within a close-knit team.
- Must be a strategic thinker with proven track record for creating integrated consumer PR campaigns that deliver positive coverage.
- Must have outstanding writing skills.
Please note applications for this role are now closed.
Full list of opportunities here (apologies it’s not mobile friendly yet, we’re working on it as you click).
Written by Renee Wo, Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group.