This position has now been filled. Take a look at our website for a full list of our current opportunities.
Central London. £65,000 to £75,000 plus competitive benefits package.
A global retailer, widely recognised brand, which has in the past been placed as a poster child for some incredibly contentious and challenging issues is recruiting for a Corporate Communications Manager to manage the communications strategy across multiple nations within their European Region.
This is a business which has through the sheer power of some of the most talented in-house communications professionals in the world managed to shift opinions from being social pariah to social champion, from having declining sales to ten years of uninterrupted growth and from having a media centric strategy to having a strategy centred around the only stakeholder who really counts; the consumers. This is an extraordinary business and an extraordinary opportunity to join a multiple award-winning communications team and advance your experience by working with some of the most interesting growth markets across Europe.
- Provide strategic corporate relations counsel, direction and support to communications departments within the local centres for the nations in Europe.
- Establish strong rapport in markets as a key business partner by building positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders including Corporate Affairs teams and Country Leadership Execs to maximize influence and drive business growth.
- Work closely with markets to establish and facilitate more effective strategic external Communications planning and implementation practices by leveraging existing or developing new tools and resources, addressing potential challenges, providing insights and ensuring essential cross-functional alignment.
- Source and share local and global best practices and assist markets in adapting to meet unique consumer needs and market landscape.
- Work closely with global and market social media / digital team to support development and scaling of integrated campaigns, and cascade materials and resources for effective implementation.
- Be aware of and advise markets, where required, on potential issues (social, political, economic, regulatory, environmental, logistical) affecting their country or region.
- Establish and maintain regular reporting with market Communications Leads on proactive and reactive initiatives in markets, and regularly align with Government Relations Leads on emerging regulatory issues.
- Act as primary point of contact for market communications teams, global media relations and global social engagement during crisis situations or media relations requests and work with Corporate Relations Leadership to assist markets in drafting and developing responses in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- 5-7 years of experience in Corporate Communications or Public Relations, preferably in an FMCG or customer focused environment.
- Large/multi-national company experience is considered an asset.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, fluency in other languages is considered an asset but not essential. This is an English speaking company but clearly, as a European Advisor the more familiar you are with other European Cultures and Languages the better.
- Ability to proactively provide strategic counsel to senior executives.
- Possess self-confidence to raise perspective, opinions and issues to be addressed in a wide variety of situations.
- Has knowledge/experience working with digital marketing and social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of working in communications across a European or other continental regional geography.
- Experience in communications consulting would be an asset
To apply for this extraordinary opportunity please click on the “Apply” button and attach your CV. You must quote reference TE-1701-4179 in the subject line of your application.
It is worth pointing out that this is an excellent opportunity for someone to build on their existing international comms experience but ultimately in order to be successful then you will be required to travel across all of Europe on a fairly regular basis. Also there will be times when pan European timezones effect when and where you are contacted for your advice. A flexible and committed approach is therefore required in order to achieve the desired outcomes for both the business and your success.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Written by Renee Wo, Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group.
Picture by Richard B. Levine SIPA USA/PA Images.