Applications for this role are now closed.
London. £50,000 – £60,000
The game is only just the beginning…
King is a fast growing, international, high tech social games company with increased prominence due to its successful growth in the mobile games industry in general with products including Candy Crush. As such, public affairs and regulatory issues are becoming increasingly important to King’s business and its reputation.
King is looking for an enthusiastic and results orientated individual to promote its policy positions and reputation through strategic initiatives, coalition building, direct advocacy, stakeholder relationships and governmental interactions.
Are you a highly driven and creative public affairs professional with a work hard/play hard attitude? Do you have an interest in the digital entertainment industry and the effect policy could have on the mobile Internet, the consumer Internet and e-commerce? Are you a team player, interested in international travel and working at the cutting edge of policy and regulation in the tech and games industries?
As the Public Affairs Manager, you will:
- Provide worldwide public affairs advice, with a strong focus on the EU.
- Have the ability to quickly produce and communicate summaries of key issues, effectively briefing executives internally when needed.
- Be responsible for the preparation of succinct briefing papers, regular political monitoring.
- Help manage the day-to-day activities of King’s public affairs consultancies.
- Build and inform a network of stakeholder contacts: platforms, developers, trade bodies, various government, regulators, academic institutions and government bodies.
- Help to manage the policy CSR initiatives in core areas such as digital skills.
- Help build a public affairs strategy based on King’s values.
- Contribute to public policy campaigns across the full range of issues that impact King and the online games industry.
To qualify for the position of Public Affairs Manager, you will have:
- An understanding of, and preferably experience in, one or more international political environments.
- Consultancy experience, or demonstrable experience, working across a variety of issues simultaneously in a highly demanding environment.
- The ability to travel in Europe and worldwide.
- Exceptional writing skills and be an excellent communicator.
- An analytical approach to problem solving, the ability to manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with ease – and a sense of humour.
- A collaborative and commercial approach.
- A broad policy experience with demonstrable knowledge of the mobile Internet, or at least consumer Internet and e-commerce sector, and key issues that are important to King such as consumer protection and data privacy.
Please note applications for this role are now closed.
Full list of opportunities here (apologies it’s not mobile friendly yet, we’re working on it as you click).
PICTURE by Richard Drew. King Digital Entertainment CEO and founder Riccardo Zacconio second left, celebrates as his company rings the opening bell of the New York Stock Exchange, before its IPO, March 26, 2014.