£50,000 + benefits. Essex/London.
Part of the site owned by Essex & Suffolk Water is sometimes used for the filming of Hollywood movies…with stars such as Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt having recently been near the office!
Their office is based at Sandon Valley House, Canon Barns Road, East Hanningfield, West Hanningfield, Chelmsford CM3 8B. The successful candidate will be based in Essex for 3 or 4 days a week, with usually 1 day in London, and the option for 1 day a week working from home. Being part of Northumbrian Water Group (NWG), there will be occasional travel to Durham.
About Essex & Suffolk Water
Essex & Suffolk Water’s vision is to be the national leader in the provision of sustainable water and waste water services.
“Our values are the set of guiding principles which collectively define who we are, what we do and how we do it. They make us different from the rest, and allow us to make decisions and take actions which drive us towards our vision. Our values can be seen throughout the business, but they are at their most powerful when they are demonstrated through everything we do at every level to achieve our targets.
Quite simply, our values are the way we do things at NWG, as we strive to become the national leader.”
Essex & Suffolk Water’s values:
- Customer focused: we aim to exceed the expectations of our external and internal customers.
- Results-driven: we take personal responsibility for achieving excellent business results.
- Ethical: we are open and honest and meet our commitments with a responsible approach to the environment and our communities.
- Creative: we continuously strive for innovative and better ways to deliver our business.
- One team: we work together consistently, promoting co-operation and mutual support, to achieve our corporate objectives.
To support the delivery of NWG’s vision and business plan objectives through expert knowledge, strategic advice, building and maintaining critical relationships and delivering creative communications on all aspects of Public Affairs for NWG nationally and regionally. To provide expert support on all other aspects of external affairs and how to deliver integrated campaigns.
- Provide expert technical advice and creative solutions across all areas of Public Affairs to help influence key policy areas, communicate NWG’s core vision and values and manage reputation.
- Lead the delivery of the Public Affairs strategy across NWG, identifying key issues and priorities, build critical relationships and develop a suite of communications activity and tactics to maximise engagement.
- Provide briefings and proactive advice to Management Team and Senior Managers about key Public Affairs issues for NWG; including guidance on emerging and developing areas of policy interest.
- Raise the profile of NWG with national Public Affairs stakeholders by developing new relationships, maintaining a regular presence in Westminster and advising what national Public Affairs platforms and forums NWG needs to be represented on.
Required skills and experience
- Excellent verbal, aural and written communications skills.
- Excellent writing skills for a variety of channels.
- Ability to build and manage relationships internally and externally; particularly at senior levels.
- Ability to positively influence at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to assimilate complex information and translate it into clear messages for a range of targeted audiences.
This role offers a great benefits package and flexible working (inc. working from home).
To apply for the position of Policy and Communications Manager, please click the apply button to upload your CV & quote JC-1703-4523.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Picture by Charles Guerin/ABACA/Press Association Images. “World War Z” Premiere – New York.
The Vertical Flow Tanks (Hanningfield Water Treatment Plant, Canon Barns Road, West Hanningfield) in Essex was one of the locations used for the filming of Hollywood movie “World War Z” in 2013.