Competitive salary. Leeds.
Do you want to be part of a growing and innovative global food business? Do you want to work in a fast moving and creative international communications team that can shape and drive the brand that is Arla and all it stands for as well as create a strong purpose amongst our stakeholders?
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make natural products taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Our brands such as Castello, Lurpak and the Arla brand itself make us an important part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are very proud that we are owned by dairy farmers and have 19.000 colleagues at the heart of our business.
We feel this makes us special and working at Arla means that every single one of us plays an invaluable role. Together, we continue to build on our €10bn turnover to deliver the most value for our farmer owners and continually build on our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
As a result of significant growth of the Arla UK business over recent years, a new role has been created within the UK Communications team. Arla Foods is recruiting for a PR Manager who will build a compelling brand proposition for Arla amongst its consumers and corporate audiences.
As PR Manager you will:
- Improve and manage Arla’s reputation and brand awareness in the UK through engaging public relation activities
- Lead, drive and innovate PR projects for Arla UK’s brands (Arla brand, Castello and Lurpak)
- Devise and roll out PR campaigns with support from critical relationships including the Global PR Teams, UK and
- Group Communications Directors, UK Category Directors and brands teams as well as local communications business partners
- Recruit and manage external consumer PR agencies to drive cost effective and powerful campaigns through a wide range of channels including print and digital
- Manage both reputation and product PR
- Ensure that PR is incorporated in marketing plans and budgets
- Act as a key link between Communications and Marketing
- Deliver tangible results according to agreed KPIs (top stories, key mentions, press cuttings, SoMe mentions, reputation score etc.)
- Utilise Arla’s marketing and communication efforts in the best way – integrate platforms and speak with one Arla voice
To qualify you must have:
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience in consumer and corporate PR from in-house or agency – ideally experience of working in FMCG, food, health or well-being sectors
- Solid track record of building corporate brands driven by consumer PR
- Experience and mindset of integrated communications and campaigns
- Outstanding and proactive communicator both written and orally
- Good ability to work in and foster a FMCG approach in an organisation that is undergoing rapid transformation
- Solid understanding of the operation of a global business and able to work in a matrix
- Significant experience of external agency management
- Strong strategic thinking and influencing skills
- Positive and can-do mindset with the bandwidth to take on many levels of content
- Planned and structured approach while being creative
- Decisive and can act with pace
- Works to tight deadlines and has a flexible approach
- Ability to handle heavy pressure, competing agendas and ambiguity
- Self-starter and thrives on challenge
To apply for the position of PR Manager with Arla Foods please forward a copy of your CV to Arla Foods’ search and recruitment partner, Ellwood Atfield. To do this please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Please quote reference RW-1704-4602 in your application.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Photo: John Nguyen/PA Archive/PA Images. Child plays amongst 14 yellow and white cow sculptures on Brighton Beach, which have been placed to raise awareness of Arla’s ‘Best of Both’ yellow-topped skimmed milk.
Written by Renee Wo, Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group. More stories from Renee.