London. £40,000 – £45,000.
A leading health organisation is looking for an exemplary External Affairs and Media Manager to work in their prestigious team. Working for one of the UK’s most recognisable health charities, this organisation provides health benefits to millions across the nation, and works to change the way health policy is established in the UK.
Building on considerable recent campaign successes, the External Affairs and Media Manager, will be responsible for building strong relationships with external stakeholders and journalists to establish the team’s key media work.
- Develop and maintain impactful reactive and proactive media relations
- Work proactively to optimize coverage of media work and brand profile
- Develop strong relationships within the media world, whilst keeping expert knowledge of current and emerging interests
- Develop and maintain an effective infrastructure of media relations
- Write high quality copy for internal and external uses, including press releases
- Lead and develop integrated communications campaigns
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a media function and working on proactive and reactive media campaigns
- Experience and knowledge of parliamentary procedures and healthcare systems
- A background within healthcare, think tanks or an academic environment
- Experience working in a similar organisation within a similar role
- A strategic thinker and effective networker and influencer, you will also have a strong track record of success in using creative lobbying to achieve change
For more information, please send your CV ASAP to email@example.com.
Please note applications for this role are now closed.
Full list of opportunities here (apologies it’s not mobile friendly yet, we’re working on it as you click).
Picture by: Cocolos Octavian / Demotix / Demotix/Press Association Images. Volunteers add vegetables to create the world’s biggest vegetable salad during a Guinness World Record attempt.