Central London. £31,000.
Our client is an innovative independent body that was created by government to design and deliver one of the biggest and most complex campaigns in a generation, helping to shape the way we live our lives in the future. This major consumer engagement campaign will ensure that the British public understand, and are excited by, the transformation they are about to experience. They are looking for a Media and Communications Officer who will be at the forefront of the media relations programme. The post-holder will undertake creative and integrated work with the full range of media, including national, regional, broadcast, consumer and social media reporters.
With the feel and culture that is synonymous with the best consumer tech brands in the country, generous benefits and a fabulous office in central London, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Establish strong working relationships with a wide range of media and respond to media enquiries promptly.
- Project manage media relations projects delivering creative content and media coverage.
- Work with other team members to develop creative and innovative PR plans which will generate media coverage targeting specific audiences.
- Draft press releases and articles as required.
- Monitor the media, in partnership with monitoring agencies, to identify allies and detractors for the programme.
- Work closely with PR agencies, taking responsibility for project managing relevant strands of work.
- Contribute to the wider communications programme as required, liaising in particular with the marketing and stakeholder teams.
Skills, experience and competencies
- Experience of press office work or media relations in the context of another role.
- Experience of researching and fact-checking press announcements, drafting press releases, articles and other materials.
- Experience of working in complex policy areas with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to understand, analyse and explain complex policy.
- Experience of a busy work environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good organisational skills.
- Knowledge of a wide range of media (national, regional, consumer, online).
Written by Renee Wo, Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group.