Join McDonald’s as its International Public Affairs Manager to help the business strengthen and protect its reputation and to support growth. This role works in the Corporate Relations function that is undergoing a transformation and reports to the International Public Affairs Director based in the US.
Role and responsibilities
Assist with the development and execute strategy and plan for public affairs and external engagement across a broad range of issues that will include:
- Helping to create the public affairs strategy and plan for external international engagement
- Building brand trust with international stakeholders based in Europe
- Working with the Corporate Relations teams (& other key internal stakeholders) in the markets in Europe to develop/enhance their market public affairs strategies and plan for external engagement.
Experience and personal attributes
- 5+ years of related experience in Public Affairs/Government Relations/Public Policy or relevant field
- University degree preferred, preferably in a related subject
- Experience with a leading international consumer brand
- Knowledge of one or more additional European languages preferred
- Have ability to influence at all levels
- Has the gravitas needed to work at Board level
- Strong leader with an international mind-set
- Able to deal with ambiguity and ability to travel abroad frequently (sometimes at short notice).
Picture: January 5 2017 : McDonald’s restaurant opened in Rome.
Written by Carol Freeman, Consultant.
Carol specialises in public affairs and policy recruitment. See more stories from Carol.