Central London. c.£70,000 – £90,000 (depending on experience) + great benefits + flexible working can be considered.
This is a rare opportunity with an award winning and inspiring international environmental charity. Based in the heart of London, this fascinating non-profit organisation specialises in bold and high-impact environment initiatives with the world’s leading commercial brands, FTSE 250 businesses and regional governments. As the International Communications Director, you’ll be reporting directly to the CEO as well as being a part of the Executive Management Team which involves responsibilities for sharping long-term strategy, overall financial management and governance of the organisation.
As the London based in-house International Communications Director you will:
- Lead and manage a small communications team in London and globally. And work very closely with other colleagues in the organisation’s regional offices
- Develop and execute communication ideas and business focused solutions to help drive bold and high impact action across the corporate sector and with state and regional governments
- Play a significant role in creating a global communications strategy that encourages the organisation’s network of business and policy leaders to support them in sharing and developing their message of opportunity, action and ambition
- As a public facing role, the International Communications Director will involves regular representation on behalf of the organisation at external events and high-level meetings
- Travel internationally – about three to four times a year for major events as well as team visits
As the London based in-house International Communications Director you will have:
- Solid ability to create and implement a highly effective, integrated global communications strategy that delivers measurable results – across all communications platforms and channels including public relations, media, social media, relevant events, marketing and content creation
- Experience in international PR and communications is essential, particularly across developing/emerging markets
- Significant experience in developing campaigns, especially within the international environmental, business or sustainability arena
- Able to make decisions, clear judgement and justify recommendations, and be responsive, confident and firm with colleagues and partners
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Passionate about issues and challenges and enjoy coming up with business focused solutions as well as having a real determination to bring impact and influence
Written by Renee Wo, Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group.