London, City. £34,000 – £44,000.
An international law firm looking for a communications professional specialising in content.
You will report into the Senior Internal Communications Manager and provide internal communications support to the global business, helping to facilitate the flow of relevant, timely information across the firm through its various internal channels.
Role and responsibilities
You will also work closely with the Global Head of Communications. Your role will include:
- Copywriting and editing: develop content for the global intranet and staff magazine
- Internal networking: develop strong working relationships with communications colleagues in other offices around the world
- Multi-media support: upload news content onto the global intranet and help develop video content as required for the firm’s webcasting platform
- IC support to the business: work with the Senior Internal Comms Manager to advise the business on their internal communication needs – implementing specific IC campaigns where necessary
- Speeches and presentations: assist in creating key communications for the firm’s senior leaders, including speeches and occasional presentations
- Communications calendar: create and maintain a calendar of key milestones during the year, flagging opportunities for IC activities
- Measurement and evaluation: populate and publish a monthly “dashboard” of key IC metrics to measure the effectiveness of IC channels and messages and assist in running regular pulse surveys to track staff opinion
- Graduate or equivalent
- Experience of a similar role, in a professional services environment desirable (with circa five years experience)
- Excellent copywriting skills; a passion for writing and the ability to write confidently on a broad range of subjects from business-focused content to human interest stories
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- You will have the ability to develop relationships and influence people at all levels of the business
- Ability to take a brief and to define and manage projects through to delivery
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and the creativity to ensure the status quo is constantly challenged
- Highly organised with the ability to work at pace and balance competing priorities
- Knowledgeable and at ease in using social media
Click ‘apply for the position’ to send your details and CV to Ellwood Atfield to be considered for this role. If you have any specific questions please email Lottie Gunn (+44 7776 858 567).
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Written by Lottie Gunn, Senior Consultant.
Lottie specialises in internal communications and has previously worked at FTSE 100 companies and on the consultancy side in communication positions for over a decade.
Picture by Manuel Balce Ceneta AP/Press Association Images. Washington Post staff and editors gather after the Washington Post staff won the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for National Reporting.