£50,000 – £60,000. Midlands. Permanent.
As part of a wider global entertainment group, this leisure and tourist business is one of the most popular attractions in the UK. The company is looking for a strategic and creative consumer PR expert to lead the PR, social media and communications strategy, as well as managing and developing a highly innovative in-house press office and social media team to promote the tourist destination, managing brand reputation, and launching a variety of leisure activities.
Working closely with the Director of Marketing, the Head of PR will have two direct reports and be given a sizeable budget to manage.
Role and responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and manage a proactive and visible in-house PR, social media and communications team to promote the destination
- Manage upcoming leisure activity launches
- Design and implement the consumer PR and social media strategy with the focus on delivering positive coverage of the business across broadcast, print and online press
- Develop a strategically critical business and brand reputational communications plan
- Enjoy leading on all creative consumer PR and social media campaigns, developing interesting stories to engage with consumers
- Influence wider marketing strategies as a highly respected, visible and motivated strategic PR leader in the business
- Work with the Marketing Director and Head of Marketing to define and influence long-term product development, product programmes and brand extensions in order to grow the business’ overall revenue
- Oversee the business’ proactive crisis communications programme to ensure business risks are minimised as much as possible
- Build lasting relationships with key news outlets and journalists
- Nurture and manage two PR and social media team members
- Manage the external PR and communications agency
As Head of PR, you will have:
- Solid experience in consumer PR and social media at a head of or senior manager level in-house, or at an Account Director level or above in a PR agency
- Strong experience in stakeholder engagement and management – you will have to be confident and creative in your approach
- A track record in managing a busy press office and leading a team to deliver strong media relations results
- Good commercial acumen and the ability to forecast shifts in the marketplace
- A strategic and results driven mind with the ability to think creatively
- People management experience
- Entrepreneurial skills and enjoy a fast-paced growing environment
- Flexibility and be highly organised, with excellent multitasking and project juggling skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Experience in managing issues and crises
Click ‘APPLY’ quoting the reference no. RW-1707-4802.
Written by Renee Wo, Senior Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group. More stories from Renee.
Image by Dan Hibrechts/AAP/PA Images. A girl rides a waterslide on opening day at the Wet N Wild theme park in Prospect, west of Sydney.