£35,000 – £40,000 + excellent benefits. London.
Are you a consumer PR expert who loves variety in your job? Be a part of this leading travel company and play a key role in creating some of the most talked about seasonal consumer campaigns in a friendly and driven in-house communications team.
To be considered for this London based PR Manager role, you will be a high flyer who has solid consumer PR experience in travel, food & beverage, restaurants, retail, transport or hospitality sector.
This is a popular travel company that everyone is familiar with across the UK and globally. They have a well-established communications team full of exceptionally talented PR and Communications professionals. People in this team have a hands-on approach and are very passionate about the brand. Employees are being well-looked after with excellent benefits, fantastic training and development programme, in order to make sure everyone has a great opportunity to progress. As the Consumer PR Manager, you will report directly into the Head of Communications on some of the most exciting integrated campaigns showcasing their commercial offerings, as well as working with the marketing team on the brand’s creative seasonal moments. With a huge range of variety in their commercial offerings, you will be able to enjoy collaborating with different internal and external teams on various projects.
- Proactively developing opportunities for national and consumer media coverage to build trust and pride in the company
- Building relationships and pitching stories to media outlets and responding to journalist queries on commercial issues and brand campaigns
- Working with external PR agencies to deliver campaigns that meet commercial objectives and deliver solid consumer coverage
- Spotting ad hoc and tactical media opportunities to further the company’s communications objectives
- Creating integrated campaigns to support and build equity in the company’s brand
- Coordinating and delivering a yearly plan with the marketing, internal communications, social media and brand teams, which is aligned with the company’s integrated activity planner
- Working closely with the filming manager and team to support with big marketing projects
- Support the press team with crisis issues and being on call once in 5 weeks
Skills, experience and competencies
- Solid consumer PR experience at an Account Manager or Senior Account Manager level with sector experience across travel, food & beverage, restaurants, retail, transport or hospitality
- Track record of developing integrated consumer campaigns and successfully delivering positive coverage and results
- Solid ability and experience in project management and great at juggling tasks
- Some experience in dealing with issues and crisis ideally
- Excellent knowledge of the UK media landscape across national, consumer, trade and broadcast
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, solution focused with hands on approach
- Ambitious, enjoy autonomy and highly driven
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Ellwood Atfield via the “Apply” button or get in touch with Renee Wo at Ellwood Atfield and quote reference RW-1702-4236.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Written by Renee Wo, Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group. More stories from Renee.
Picture by Richard B. Levine SIPA USA/PA Images. Display of collectible novelty Pez dispensers at the 114th North American International Toy Fair in the Jacob Javits Convention center in New York on Sunday, February 19, 2017. The four day trade show with over 1000 exhibitors connects buyers and sellers and draws tens of thousands of attendees.