Please note applications for this role are now closed.
Full list of opportunities here (apologies it’s not mobile friendly yet, we’re working on it as you click).
South East of London. £40,000 – £50,000/annum + great benefits and discounts.
A boutique luxury hotel group with a stunning collection of over 20 beautiful properties across the UK are looking for their first PR Manager to join the team. This is a newly created position giving this person plenty of autonomy and opportunity to be creative in devising and executing a consumer PR strategy to raise the profile of the collection. As the PR Manager, you will play a key role in positioning the group as a leader in its field with the support of an incredibly talented and nurturing Marketing Director.
Based in a beautiful office south east of London (30min train from central London), you’ll be able to enjoy a more relaxing commute and flexible working. People are well looked after by the company and therefore they are driven, passionate and self-motivated. With an open and honest culture, all team members are very supportive of each other and they all work together to achieve the same goals.
As the In-house Consumer PR Manager you will be responsible for:
- Developing the media relations strategy ensuring that this integrates with the wider marketing strategy
- Proactively develop innovative and tailored PR campaigns to support the strategy and to raise the profile of the hotels
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with key journalists (both national and regional) across all media to ensure maximum media coverage
- Not only help the group to gain media coverage, but also enable individual hotels achieve maximum PR exposure locally
- Proactively establish partnerships with complimentary brands with a view to generating brand exposure
- Build and maintain relationships with the general managers of each hotels in order to gain information and data of major events and campaigns
As the In-house Consumer PR Manager you must:
- Have solid consumer PR and integrated campaigns experience in the hospitality, travel or leisure industry
- Have experience of developing and delivering a consumer PR strategy
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be proactive and creative in your approach
- Be organised and able to work independently
- Ability to build relationships with media and internal stakeholders
- Commercially and strategically minded
Written by Renee Wo, Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group.
Picture by J.W.Alker DPA/PA Images.