London. £45,000 – £55,000 + bonus and big company benefits.
This is a rare opportunity within an incredibly popular and well respected leading consumer retailer. The established and well-structured consumer PR team is seeking a confident, passionate and results-driven Consumer Campaigns Manager who revels in a fast paced and creative environment.
Based in an open plan and well-facilitated office in central London, everyone in the team has a hands on and creative approach. The culture is collaborative, open and energetic; employees are being well-looked after with excellent benefits and training programmes.
With over 150,000 employees in the UK, this company is the top 3 largest retailer in its industry. With big investment in its innovative technology, this is an exciting time to join the business to proactively promote its on-going as well as newly designed integrated campaigns. This Consumer PR Manager will lead the proactive integrated campaigns across three key areas: food, drink and health.
To be considered for this role, you are likely to be a hands-on and results-driven Account Director or Senior Account Director in a consumer/b2b PR agency or an in-house Consumer PR Manager with a strong track record of leading integrated campaigns as well as working for big brands.
- Work closely with the Head of Consumer PR to develop and deliver proactive PR and social media plans across both online and offline media for the responsible business units
- Manage and run on-going as well as seasonal integrated consumer facing campaigns both proactively and reactively
- Stay on top of the consumer news and trends in the relevant areas, proactively spot opportunities for the key business units for this role and come up with creative media stories
- Build and maintain relationships with internal business partners including the corporate & CSR team, stakeholders as well as external PR agencies, media and suppliers
- Act as a trusted advisor to the key business areas on all media issues and work closely with the corporate team to protect against reactive consumer stories to all relevant press
- Nurture and oversee junior members of the consumer PR team
- Manage external events/shows – this involves budget management, building relationships with relevant internal stakeholders and be creative in order to maximise impact via digital and social media engagement
- Take part in press office duty on a regular basis.
- 5+ years’ consumer PR and social media experience across food, drink and health, ideally for big brands either from agency or in-house
- Solid track record for developing and managing integrated campaigns
- Excellent UK media contacts –both online and offline
- Passion or genuine interests in food, drink and health
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and enjoy a fast paced work environment
- Confident and strong relationship building skills
- Results driven, solution focused and embrace open and honest culture
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and passionate.
To apply for this role please follow the ‘Apply’ button and submit your CV to job reference JO-1607-3822. Please do not hesitate to email Renee Wo
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Picture: Sarah Penn tosses a very fresh strawberry sample to her Boston terrier Nemo as a steady breeze takes a bit of the edge off the near 90-degree heat Sunday, June 7, 2015, in the berry fields at Helsing Junction Farm near Rochester, Wash.
Written by Renee Wo, Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group.