Competitive salary. London.
VELUX is the world’s leading manufacturer of roof windows and sun tunnels. For more than 70 years, the VELUX Group has created better living environments for people around the world, using daylight and fresh air.
National and devolved legislation is of increasing importance to the VELUX Group, especially concerning energy efficiency, indoor climate, and health and environmental issues related to the building industry. As Head of Public Affairs (reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager), your objective is to strengthen VELUX’s position in the UK and devolved policy level, including the dialogue with various national institutions and the broader stakeholder community.
This is a unique opportunity to challenge yourself and broaden your horizons, as you will be the driving force in strengthening the organisation’s public affairs effort. You will help set the direction for a healthier and more sustainable future.
As you will be part of a global organisation, you can expect to travel approximately 30-40 days per year.
Main responsibilities include:
- Setting up and managing VELUX’s Public Affairs office in London
- Developing and implementing public affairs strategies and campaigns on selected policy dossiers, focusing on the most business-critical issues
- Stakeholder management, including building and maintaining good relations to relevant stakeholders in the UK (Westminster and Whitehall), Scottish Parliament and Government, Welsh Government and Assembly, and Northern Irish Government and Assembly
- Engaging with politicians and opinion leaders, attending relevant meetings and conferences, representing VELUX’s view on selected topics
- Monitoring national policy processes and stakeholders regarding selected dossiers and policy areas
- Preparing position papers, presentations and consultations
- Co-operating with media colleagues to push the agenda on healthy and energy efficient buildings through a range of channels, including social media.
As Head of Public Affairs, you’ll have:
- A relevant masters degree from a university or business school, preferably in an area related to public policy, politics, economics, communications or international relations
- Extensive experience working with public affairs (i.e. from national parliament, political party, government department, trade body or association, companies or public affairs agency), and thereby having an extended public affairs knowledge and relevant political network
- Experience working on building/construction policy and legislation
- Excellent understanding of both national and devolved decision-making processes
- Sound understanding of relevant EU regulation and how it’s formed
- Proven experience of delivering excellent results without heavy levels of supervision
- Sound business understanding and experience in providing strategic advice
- An outgoing and dynamic personality with great interpersonal and communication skills, including experience working with the media
- The ability to work independently, as well as in teams
- A strong analytical mind
- Knowledge and experience in using various communication channels, including social media.
For more information or to register your interest in this role, please click the apply button or send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com quoting reference: CF-1703-4590
Written by Carol Freeman, Consultant.
Carol specialises in public affairs and policy recruitment. See more stories from Carol.