This position has now been filled. Take a look at our website for a full list of our current opportunities.
£60,000 – £70,000 + 30% bonus. Exeter. Permanent.
Pennon is an exciting and dynamic business situated at the top of the FTSE 250, who is seeking a new Head of Public Affairs to be based at the company’s head office in Exeter.
To build the most trusted environmental solutions company in the UK, providing infrastructure and services that enhance customer’s lives, protect the environment, and deliver growth for the company’s shareholders.
The Head of Public Affairs will build Pennon’s public affairs capabilities, creating a strategic public affairs function that supports and enhances the group’s brands and increases its influence on policy-making.
“This is a big opportunity for someone with gravitas, poise, energy and ideas. You’ll be joining a dynamic team in a growing FTSE 250 business. We are searching for a great communicator, a top networker and a person who gets politics and the political process. But we’re also looking for someone who wants to work closely with colleagues from other disciplines across Corporate Communications, Digital and Finance and to play their part in developing our team. If you can demonstrate this, then this exciting project could certainly be for you. We are also offering a top salary and great benefits package to the right person.”
Sarah Heald, Director of Corporate Affairs & Investor Relations, Pennon
- To create a public affairs function that will develop, manage and deliver a structured public affairs strategic plan
- To ensure public affairs programmes contribute to and achieve sometimes complex and long-term performance indicators and objectives
- To develop relevant strategies and policy goals by identifying and mitigating against risks, and outlining opportunities
- Liaise and manage relationships with clients, customers, media, political, senior internal and external stakeholders – to establish appropriate Pennon position statements and key messages, and to ensure consistency and effectiveness in corporate and project communications
The candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the UK political landscape
- Knowledge of environmental infrastructure sector issues
- Knowledge of lobbying protocol and ethical business governance and practice
- Substantial professional experience within a similar public affairs role with demonstrable results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to demonstrate leadership, influence and strategic planning
- Generous bonus scheme (30-35% of base salary)
- Relocation allowance £8,000
If you are interested in this opportunity please click ‘apply’, and if you have any specific questions contact Joshua Clements at firstname.lastname@example.org
Image by Dominic Lipinski/PA Archive/PA Images. Engineer examines part of London’s sewer network for blockages.