Competitive salary. Location flexible (ideally Leeds).
Do you want to be part of a growing and innovative global food business? Do you want to work in a fast moving and creative international communications team that can shape and drive the brand that is Arla and all it stands for as well as create a strong purpose amongst our stakeholders?
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make natural products taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Our brands such as Castello, Lurpak and the Arla brand itself make us an important part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are very proud that we are owned by dairy farmers and have 19.000 colleagues at the heart of our business.
We feel this makes us special and working at Arla means that every single one of us plays an invaluable role. Together, we continue to build on our €10bn turnover to deliver the most value for our farmer owners and continually build on our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
As a result of significant growth and interest in our business in recent years, a new role has been created within the UK Communications team. Arla Foods is recruiting for a Head of Media Relations in the UK who will build robust media relationships with key UK news channels and industry media in order to develop, promote and protect our reputation and brand recognition amongst both our corporate and consumer stakeholders.
As the Head of Media Relations you will:
- Drive Arla’s reputation and build awareness through best-in-class media relations and clear, strategic communication in external media
- Oversee and handle all contact between Arla UK and all media
- Coordinate with the PR Manager concerning proactive and reactive media campaign work and press office activity
- Proactively advise and support Arla UK’s organisation on reputational impact of ongoing and potential activities and decisions within the business
- Develop and drive external communication strategy to ensure that Arla UK’s messages are clear and distinct in all its external media channels including online
- Deliver tangible results according to agreed KPI’s (top stories, key mentions, press cuttings, reputation score etc.)
- Coordinate with Arla’s team of press officers in other markets and play an active role to support Arla Group’s overall media agenda
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role of Head of Media Relations you must have:
- Strong drive to deliver results
- Impeccable national media contacts including online
- Excellent media crisis management skills
- Proven project management skills and ability to maintain overview of multiple projects
- Outstanding and proactive communicator both written and orally
- Experience of handling complexity
- Understanding of navigating a complex corporate structure, with local, regional, national and crucially, international stakeholders
- Great team player and networker that shares and connects intuitively
- Demonstrate a cooperative spirit
- Planning and structured approach while being creative
To apply for the position of Head of Media Relations with Arla Foods please forward a copy of your CV to Arla Food’s search and recruitment partner, Ellwood Atfield. To do this please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Please quote reference TE-1703-4588 in your application.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Photo: John Nguyen/PA Archive/PA Images. Swimmers walk amongst an installation of 14 yellow and white cow sculptures on Brighton Beach, which have been placed to raise awareness of Arla’s ‘Best of Both’ yellow-topped skimmed milk.
Written by Tom Ewen, Director of PR & Corporate Communications
Tom specialises in executive search for senior level corporate communications professionals including Director of Communications, Directors General and Head of Communication roles. More stories from Tom.