Please note applications for this role are now closed.
Full list of opportunities here (apologies it’s not mobile friendly yet, we’re working on it as you click).
London. Circa £55,000.
An influential membership organisation focused on delivering development through knowledge, skills and professional expertise, is looking to recruit a Head of Media & Communications.
You will work closely with the Vice President and Director of External Affairs and Strategy, to set the external communications and media strategy, define the key audiences and oversee the central communications teams.
Based in central London, the Head of Media & Communications will be a media and PR specialist, with a pragmatic approach and the gravitas to influence key stakeholders within a complex organisation. Experience working with professional bodies, membership organisations or in the built environment would be beneficial.
You will play an integral role in setting and delivering the communications strategy, driving consumer engagement and managing the central communications team to meet the organisation’s key business objectives. You will also have oversight, but not direct line management responsibility, of the organisation’s regional media teams so experience working in a matrix structure would be an advantage.
This is an opportunity to define the public voice for a membership organisation who are looking to transform their approach to external communications through a proactive integrated PR and Media plan in order to raise the profile of the organisation and position it as a thought leader in its industry.
Your key responsibilities:
- Working with the Senior Management Team to establish an over-arching media and communications strategy the supports the delivery of the 3 year plan
- Acting as the Head of Profession to communications staff across the group, providing central assistance and guidance to regional communications teams
- Offering strategic advice on communications to the senior management team
- Taking lead responsibility for all communications channels including external media, social media and internal communications
- Overseeing all engagement with the organisations key stakeholders to establish communications audiences, outcomes, objectives and messaging for significant projects
As the Head of Communications you must have:
- Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to inspire a team and help transform output
- Experience of developing and delivering media and communications strategies to support organisational goals
- Some experience of construction, infrastructure or engineering is desirable
- Experience working in a membership organisation or committee structure environment
- Superb copy writing skills and an eye for detail, communicating complex subject matter to a variety of different audiences
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management and an ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues throughout the business
- Significant experience of operational management including budget management, people management, professional development and operational delivery
Written by James Green, Consultant
James has recruitment experience which spans both agency and in-house for business to business technology, corporate communications, financial services and consumer. More stories from James.
Picture by Jane Barlow PA Wire/PA Images. A cross-section view of the south part of the road deck of the Queensferry Crossing before it is connected with the central section as the new bridge over the Firth of Forth has officially entered the record books.