This position has now been filled. Take a look at our website for a full list of our current opportunities.
London. Circa £62,000.
Role and responsibilities
Reporting to the Assistant Communications Director at a UK health regulator, the Head of Internal and Corporate Communications will be responsible for leading internal communications and staff engagement strategies to support the organisation’s transformation programme as well as implementing integrated corporate communications strategies that build the organisation’s reputation as a dynamic communicator with both internal and external audiences.
- Responsible for the overall development of the organisation’s corporate communications strategy including brand management, publications, design, internal communications and staff engagement.
- Responsible for creating and implementing a dynamic organisation-wide approach to corporate communications, including ensuring the organisation’s mission, messages and brand are used and developed professionally and effectively.
- To take responsibility for the delivery of an effective internal communications and staff engagement function.
- Provide senior leadership for the Internal Communications and Corporate Communication teams and line management for the Internal Communications Manager and Corporate Communications Manager.
Experience and skills
- You will be an innovative and experienced communications leader with significant experience of leading corporate communications and internal communications functions. You will ideally have regulatory and/or Government experience.
- You will have specific experience of leading effective internal communications and staff engagement programmes during times of organisational change and of managing internal communications activities around complex and sensitive topics.
- You will also have previously held responsibility for brand management and have extensive experience of managing an organisation’s portfolio of publications.
- You will have strong influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to inspire confidence amongst senior colleagues.
- A strong people manager, you will have experience of successfully managing teams of people with various professional expertise, providing inspirational, results-driven leadership.
This is a two-year, fixed-term contract role. The closing date for applications is 19th April 2017. Job reference: LG-1704-4615 . Please apply using the ‘Apply’ button below.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Written by Lottie Gunn, Senior Consultant.
Lottie specialises in recruiting internal communications and engagement professionals and has previously worked at FTSE 100 companies and on the consultancy side in communication positions for over a decade.
Photo: Sophie Duval/EMPICS Entertainment. ‘Sleeping Baby’ mural by graffiti artist Stik at Homerton Hospital, East London.
Stik started painting unofficial, socially conscious murals in his hometown of Hackney, East London in 2001. His simple stick figures wordlessly tell the story of his community and he frequently collaborates with hospitals, charities and homeless organisations.