This position has now been filled. Take a look at our website for a full list of our current opportunities.
£70,000 – £95,000. London.
An excellent opportunity has arisen to play a senior and key role within a trade body operating in a regulated space. Working closely with the Chief Executive, you will lead the development and co-ordination of the organisations lobbying activity. This is within a high profile industry, undergoing a wide variety of change, so influence and advocacy are crucial for our client to inform a productive debate.
As the Head of Government Affairs you will be responsible for:
- Leading on all government relations and public affairs activity.
- Horizon scanning for issues which might impact the organisation.
- Wider messaging and storytelling expertise, from a political context, to add value to the organisation’s image, media and reputational management.
- Using your broad network of influential contacts and considerable expertise to help the organisations agenda with key decision makers in Parliament, Whitehall etc.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in a senior public affairs position.
- An excellent knowledge of politics, the political process and contacts within parliament.
- Working with the policy team you will have an ability to understand/digest complex policy quickly, then make it translatable for non-technical/specific audiences.
To apply for this role please follow the ‘Apply‘ button and submit your CV. Please do not hesitate to email Joshua Clements if you have any questions.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Written by Joshua Clements, Consultant
Joshua specialises in public affairs and policy recruitment. He has worked with numerous reputable in-house organisations and political consultancies.