This position has now been filled. Take a look at our website for a full list of our current opportunities.
London W1, £60,000 – £65,000 + bonus + benefits
Promote and protect one of London’s greatest assets and the world’s largest retail destination.
London’s West End is a much treasured part of British heritage and culture and a leading global shopping and leisure destination. The iconic symbolism of the West End attracts millions of visitors from around the world each year to shop on Bond Street, Oxford Street and Regent Street, the world’s largest retail destination.
New West End Company is a leading voice for the West End’s retail and property sector which makes a multibillion pound contribution to the UK economy. Over the past decade New West End Company has worked in partnership with members, partners and stakeholders to invest £50m into the area and the UK’s top shopping district has achieved a 90% increase in turnover.
Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, this position is responsible for delivering the communications plan in support of the Company’s vision and mission by effectively engaging with the media, key influencers, members and stakeholders.
Managing an External Affairs Manager, an Events and Communications Manager, and multiple agencies, your role will lead on communications activities across corporate, media relations, membership, community, policy, public affairs and events. In doing so this important position will promote and protect one of London’s greatest assets.
Main responsibilities include:
- Lead all media relations activities, and provide leadership to the communications team.
- Ensure the effective promotion of the West End retail district to investors and occupiers, enhancing the area’s reputation and investment opportunity globally.
- Work with and manage multiple agencies across media relations, public affairs and events.
Required skills and experience include:
- Previous experience of leading a busy and high profile communications function.
- A successful track record of achievement in developing and implementing highly effective media and stakeholder relations.
- Management experience with the ability to create team spirit and provide clear direction, empowering others to achieve results.
For a full and detailed role description along with additional information on New West End Company’s strategic plan please select from these links:
If you are interested in this opportunity please ‘apply’ and if you have any specific questions contact Gavin Ellwood on firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Written by Gavin Ellwood, Director of Associations & Foundations
Gavin specialises in the appointment of senior leaders, advising the boards of trade associations, professional bodies and foundations on the appointment of Directors General, Chief Executives and their communications teams.