All things Grocery and Retail
We are currently working for a company that trades in information. It is a not-for-profit organisation with commercial campaigns and it is one of the most influential bodies within its sector.
The information which it produces and then trades has a direct relationship with global retail business strategies, how governments plan for shifts in global market patterns, what our high streets look like in the future, how we consume grocery products and what is important to us when making decisions. This organisation has provided the information which now features as the bedrock of our everyday convenience. And the sector that they do this for? Food & grocery.
As the Head of Communications you will:
- Lead and develop the communications strategy based on sound principles and organisational priorities
- Direct and own the Chief Executive’s external media and speaking programme
- Develop and lead the annual national and international media plan to deliver strategic goals
- Champion consistency and clarity of message in all communication
- Ensure effective integration of communication through all channels to maximise impact
- Maintain a close and supportive working relationship with the line manager, Leader, Deputy Leader and Chief Executive
- Be an inspirational leader for the corporate communications team
- Develop effective relationships with principal stakeholders, including trade associations and media
- Experience of the food, retail or FMCG sector is desirable
Written by Angela Thomas
Angela heads the Corporate Communications and Agency Practice and her experienced team covers the full cycle of life in the agency world. More stories from Angela.
Picture by: Jens Kalaene / DPA/PA Images. Customers buy groceries in the grocery store ‘Original unverpackt’ (engl. ‘original unpackaged’), which doesn’t create any packaging waste in Berlin, Germany.