£50,000 – £70,000. Central London. Permanent.
The Publishers Association represents an industry that contributes over £4.8bn to the UK economy, advocating the interests of UK publishers across consumer, education and academic publishing. Its mission is to provide members with the influence, insight and services necessary to compete and prosper in an ever-changing environment.
Now is an exciting and complex time for the publishing industry and it’s important that the Association takes a lead in communicating on behalf of its diverse membership. The Publishers Association is therefore hiring a Head of Communications to further develop and implement its external communications strategy, with particular focus on member and industry communications. This is a new role within the Association and the person will be responsible for leading the communications function, including communications with members and external stakeholder audiences.
- Develop, implement and manage a communications strategy to promote publishers and the UK publishing industry
- Promote positive messages about The Publishers Association and publishing in the national and trade press and on social media
- Develop and implement proactive and reactive communications plans on key industry issues
- Ensure consistent branding, narrative and presentation across all communication materials including the website
- Manage the communication of The Publishers Association’s work to its members
- Build and maintain contact with key editors and journalists across trade media and national media
- Be the media’s first port of call on issues of relevance to UK publishers and the publishing industry
As Head of Communications, you will have:
- A track record of running high-impact, proactive campaigns
- A passion for the role that communications can play in building company profile
- Relationship building skills, being able to engage stakeholders
- The expertise to develop the Association’s story and brand
- The ability to take an analytical approach to communications planning
Please send your CV using the apply for this role button, quoting reference JG-1706-4730.
Written by James Green, Consultant
James has recruitment experience which spans both agency and in-house for business to business technology, corporate communications, financial services and consumer. More stories from James.
Image by Domenico Stinellis/AP/PA photowire service. The library of the Franco Zeffirelli International Centre for the Performing Arts in the late 17th century San Firenze Complex in Florence.