£Competitive salary. Central London. Permanent.
The Challenge is the UK’s leading charity for building a more integrated society, and to make Britain more diverse by income, age and ethnicity. The organisation designs and delivers programmes that bring young people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others.
The Challenge has increased in size significantly and there are now almost 1,000 members of staff. The modest number of 158 young people reached in 2009 (the year the organisation was founded) continues to grow and their programmes are now delivered to over 40,000 people each year.
Having grown significantly in the past two years, the organisation is seeking a Head of Communications to lead the PR & Communications Strategy. Having been awarded more than a third of the contracts to run the National Citizen Service between 2014 and 2018, the organisation is in a strong position to enter the next bid cycle for the NCS Trust. During a time of exciting growth and change, the successful candidate will play a key role in the ongoing development of the organisation.
“We know that when we don’t talk to people who come from different walks of life to ourselves, anxiety and prejudice flourish, whereas when we hear one another’s views, for example by talking about current affairs together, we form more trusting, cohesive communities. Social integration can be thought about in terms of the extent to which strong social ties inspire bonds of trust and solidarity between people of all backgrounds.”
Oliver Lee OBE, Chief Executive, The Challenge
The Head of Communications sits on the organisation’s leadership team which brings together the most senior staff members from across the organisation. They will be managing a team and working closely with Rebecca Carter, the Strategy, Operational Effectiveness, Brand and External Affairs Director. The overall objectives include:
- Protect and promote the charity’s programmes through powerful communications campaigns and strategic media relations
- Bringing the issue of social integration and segregation to the attention of the public and those with influence over policy-making
- Significantly raise The Challenge’s profile as the go-to expert on social integration
- Design and implement internal communications strategy
- Reputation and reactive issues management – ensure a swift and effective response to requests from media for comments, views and supporting information, acting as a spokesperson when necessary
- Significantly raise the external awareness and profile of the organisation to support its strategic objectives through proactive and reactive media relations, creative campaigns and internal communications
- Identify proactive media opportunities to promote the charity’s programmes, the organisation’s profile, and the importance of social integration
- Day-to-day management and leadership of the communications and campaigns team in strategic planning of their work and implementation of the strategy
- Ensure strong, engaging, internal communications across the whole organisation, primarily through the organisation’s intranet
- Work with the brand department, develop and manage The Challenge’s website, including generating content, maximising its potential and build a positive, engaging organisational culture
As Head of Communications, you will have:
- Solid media relations and communications experience at a Senior Manager or Head of level
- A strong track record for reactive media relations, issues and reputation management
- Experience and ability to be highly credible in front of senior political staff and media
- A track record of developing and delivering multi-channel campaigns
- Experience of team management
- Experience of longer-term strategic planning and budget management
- Flexibility, persistence and resilience to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A keen interest in and understanding of UK politics
- Experience and knowledge of internal communications would be an advantage
- A background in journalism is desirable
Click ‘APPLY’ quoting the reference no. RW-1707-4776.
Written by Renee Wo, Senior Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group. More stories from Renee.
Image of The Challenge Team.