£80,000 – £90,000. London. Permanent.
Having appointed a new Chief Executive to run the organisation, this membership association within the engineering sector has designed an entirely new strategy focusing on engagement and service to its members. The strategy will establish standards and have a more dynamic approach which is able to flex in line with a globalised sector that has seen a tumultuous period to its economic cycle.
The Head of Communications will work directly with the Chief Executive to mobilise the association and improve its members engagement in conversations where the table is worth $50 Billion, and the people sitting around it are some of the biggest and wealthiest companies in the world.
Role and responsibilities:
- Providing support to the Chief Executive in ensuring that a powerful pipeline of communications is maintained
- Ensuring that a compelling set of member and press communications are in place, including managing content, format, frequency and authority
- Developing and implementing a strong external communications strategy, and ensuring that clear and consistent messages are developed and promoted externally to the right audience
- Ensuring that the association is the ‘first call’ for members, the media and stakeholders (these include relevant operating companies, regulators, politicians, etc.) on all key relevant topics
- Influencing and building strong relationships with the industry press, key stakeholders and members
- Creating, organising and making the Association’s trade events successful
- Ensuring the involvement (as speaker/chair) of the CEO and Technical Director at key industry events around the world
As Head of Communications, you will have:
- Energy, drive and resilience
- The ability to be comfortable with change
- Sound political awareness and judgement
- The ability to solve problems to communication challenges
- Experience of advising senior management on a broad range of media and communication approaches
- Some experience of working in a membership/committee structure environment would be advantageous
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to cascade messages both internally and externally with good effect
To apply for the position of Head of Communications please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the ‘APPLY’ button. Please do not hesitate to call Tom Ewen on 020 7340 6480 if you would like to find out more information about this position.
Written by Tom Ewen, Director of PR & Corporate Communications
Tom specialises in executive search for senior level corporate communications professionals including Director of Communications, Directors General and Head of Communication roles. More stories from Tom.