Central London. Salary circa £60,000.
This FTSE listed company is hiring a Group Business Media Manager to develop and implement a media strategy to tell the story of its growth outside the UK, and support the investment case.
There are remarkable things going on in this business on a daily basis. The Group Business Media Manager will be responsible for telling those stories with a particular focus on emerging markets and the new skills and capabilities that the business is developing. The post holder will manage high profile issues at the very heart of public policy debate, strengthening corporate reputation and challenging existing perceptions.
Working across traditional, digital and social media channels in multiple markets, they will manage the company’s media engagement for all financial calendar events, be that half and full year results, trading updates, strategy presentations, Annual Report publications and other regulatory announcements. They will also lead the development of the media strategy to support the acquisition and disposal of assets as part of the group portfolio management review. Working in a fast paced, issues rich environment no two days are the same and this role provides a unique opportunity for a talented media manager to get stuck into a really meaty challenge and further develop their skills and career.
- Lead the development and implementation of media strategies across traditional, digital and social media channels in support of the group’s investment case
- Track and understand market sentiment towards the business, demonstrating an instinctive appreciation for the reaction of capital markets to a range of group initiatives, announcements and news flow
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the group’s commercial strategy, its business footprint, products and services
- Manage media strategies around financial calendar events, providing strategic advice to group senior leaders on positioning, messaging and content
- Own and lead the media communications plans for group M&A under the portfolio management review programme, coordinating content on behalf of other stakeholder owners
- Lead the group Editorial Committee, managing the Senior Media Executive in day to day support to the Committee
- Provide crisis communications resource, support and counsel to the group and regional business as necessary.
Experience and skills required:
- Significant experience in the communications industry with track record delivering communications strategies and supporting senior leaders in high-profile positions
- Expertise in developing and delivering successful corporate communications strategies and plans
- Resilience – this is a fast-paced and demanding role which will require extraordinary resilience and the ability to work under high-pressure to tight deadlines
- A proven track record of managing campaigns which support an organisation’s operational and reputational objectives as well as crisis management experience to deal with critical incidents
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the political landscape and a proven record of dealing at a strategic level with government departments, politicians and senior political stakeholders
- Creativity – to develop new partnerships, networks and approaches which will have a transformational impact on the company’s reputation and perception among stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and driven financial PR/corporate communications professional who is hungry for their next challenge.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Picture by: Picture by: Ole Spata / DPA/PA Images. A sign reads ‘cyber security’ at the Huawei booth at the CeBIT computer show in Hanover, Germany, 16 March 2016.
Written by Hannah Park, Senior Consultant
Hannah specialises in media relations and corporate communications assignments, working with clients such as McDonald’s, Comic Relief, London First, Gatwick Airport and Smart Energy. More stories from Hannah.