This position has now been filled. Take a look at our website for a full list of our current opportunities.
London. £30,000 – £40,000.
Our client, a globally renowned law firm is looking to recruit an External Communications Executive to support the firm’s external communications strategy. The role will have a focus on some of the key practice areas including Natural Resources, Energy, Real Estate and Infrastructure.
Based in the London Office, the successful Communications Executive will be a key part of a busy global communications team. You will have the chance to play an integral role in the ongoing growth within the firm and the continued enhancement of their corporate reputation. This is an opportunity for an ambitious person who wants to have a significant impact and grow within an established and internationally renowned law firm.
As the successful candidate, you will enjoy a supportive and high performing culture with a track record for long-term development of outstanding people throughout the business. The role will be largely focused on external communications, although you will have the chance to work on internal communications activity, building a broad spectrum of skills across the communications spectrum.
Reporting into the Head of Communications, you will play a central role in driving daily proactive and reactive media relations activity. A nose for a news opportunity and a track record of pitching to trade, sector, national and broadcast media is essential. This role will allow you to work on projects that are key to the future growth and development of the firm.
Your key responsibilities:
- Supporting the firm’s key business practices both in the UK and internationally and driving daily media relations activity
- Management of the organisations corporate reputation, including publicising key appointments and milestones including financial results
- Working with the Head of Communications and Marketing Campaigns Team on a number of sector specific activities
- Leading on social media content output and building the presence with a particular focus on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Supporting wider Internal Communications team to disseminate key messages internally and make sure external messaging is aligned with internal
- Contributing to regular internal reports and tracking of media and profile raising/thought leadership activity
- Drafting press releases and obtaining approval within tight deadlines to ensure maximum coverage
- Anticipating and managing potential negative coverage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in media relations/PR/Communications, ideally within the legal or professional services sectors or within an agency environment
- Existing relationship with key legal press would be a significant advantage
- A good knowledge of social and digital media, particularly LinkedIn and Twitter
- Outstanding copywriting skills and adept in drafting both internal and external communications
- A sound understanding of the role played by internal communications within a partnership organisation
- Experience of using different press monitoring platforms and agencies
- Sensitive to a partnership run organisations and an appreciation of the challenges faced in a consensus driven organisation and how to overcome them
- Strategic thinker with an eye for detail and a proactive and determined approach to your work
If you are an external communications specialist with extensive experience of the legal or professional services sectors or a background in agency then get in touch today.
For more information, or to apply for the External Communications Executive role, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on ‘Apply’ and quoting the reference no. JG-1611-4109.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Written by James Green, Consultant
James has recruitment experience which spans both agency and in-house for business to business technology, corporate communications, financial services and consumer. More stories from James.