Battersea & Cobham. Competitive salary.
Ellwood Atfield is exclusively partnering with a fantastic FTSE 100 business, the Berkeley Group, to bring them a fantastic new member of their communications team.
The purpose of this job is to help build the reputation and influence of the Berkeley Group through communications, policy advice and thought leadership targeted primarily at audiences in government, business and the housing sector.
- Write speeches and briefings for the Chairman and Chief Executive, working alongside the Group Head of External Affairs and closely with the Chairman’s office on preparation, drafting and delivery.
- Deliver thought leadership projects for the business, commissioning research and advising on dissemination and use as part of a coherent programme of stakeholder engagement.
- Support the implementation of our corporate plan, ensuring we influence the policy debate surrounding individual business commitments on issues such as place-making, apprenticeships and carbon, working closely with colleagues in the Sustainability team.
- Closely monitor and review national and London policy announcements, reports and consultations relevant to our business, providing timely updates to colleagues across the Berkeley Group.
- Assist in the promotion and management of Berkeley’s reputation at each level of government and with key influencers in the policy world, business community and voluntary sector.
- Produce, develop and write coherent policy proposals that support Berkeley’s business goals.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills; and experience of producing speeches and policy briefings.
- The ability to condense new and complex information into a clear and readable form; and to think strategically.
- The personal skills to work effectively both with Berkeley’s leadership team; with colleagues from a wide range of disciplines (from planning & design to construction or sales), and with stakeholders in Government and other organisations.
- Keen interest and sufficient knowledge of housing, property and regeneration issues.
- Political intelligence and direct experience of working with a combination of Whitehall, Westminster, City Hall and local government.
This position reports to the Group Head of External Affairs and is based at Berkeley’s head offices in Battersea, London and in Cobham, Surrey. This opportunity has a lot to offer the right candidate alongside an excellent salary and top end benefits package. For further details please apply.
To apply for the position of Policy and Communications Manager, please click the apply button to upload your CV & quote JC-Publicaffairs145.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Picture by Jonathan Brady PA Archive/PA Images. View from Lambeth Bridge towards St. George Wharf and Vauxhall Tower.