Please note applications for this role are now closed.
Full list of opportunities here (apologies it’s not mobile friendly yet, we’re working on it as you click).
Brussels. Competitive salary.
Caring for the world, one person at a time… inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. The company embraces research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. JnJ has more than 265 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 126,500 people. The worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
The values that guide JnJ’s decision making are spelled out in its Credo. Put simply, the Credo puts the needs and well-being of the people the company serves first. The Credo is more than just a moral compass, JnJ believes it’s a recipe for business success. From its Credo, JnJ’s aspiration emerges – by caring, one person at a time, the company help billions of people around the world live longer, healthier and happier lives.
The Government Affairs & Policy (GA&P) Director will be responsible for the effective interaction with government institutions, trade associations, academic associations and other relevant stakeholders in order to shape policy and legislation relevant to Johnson & Johnson’s businesses. The position scope of responsibility is the JnJ Pharmaceutical business in EMEA region to assist the EMEA leader of JnJ’s Pharmaceutical Business with European Authorities.
- Representation of the company at the table of government led initiatives and contacts/influences government officials/advocacy groups/industry associations/ academic bodies, etc.
- Building a sustainable image, dialogue and relationship with identified stakeholders as well as engaging business leaders as an integral component of influencing the external environment.
- Mapping of stakeholders, relationship management, alliance building and lobbying are part of the role responsibilities.
- Membership/participation/involvement with trade associations is also part of this role in order to ensure that JnJ business interests are taken into consideration.
- Monitoring the external environment and communicating key issues affecting the organisation to the relevant people within JnJ.
- Policy analysis and leveraging of internal expertise in order to develop JnJ’s policy positions and plan for the implementation of the appropriate strategies to address and drive the respective issue.
- The position’s owner provides insight into the business experience and expectations and participates in and contributes towards the formulation of business strategies as well as policies and strategies of Government Affairs and Policy both nationally and internationally.
- Organisation of delegation visits, receptions, meetings etc. as well as control of budgetary expenditure are also included into the role’s responsibilities.
For a full and detailed role description along with additional information on JnJ please select from these links:
Photo: Mel Evans/AP/Press Association Images. Johnson & Johnson’s logo is seen on a wall outside their worldwide headquarters in New Brunswick, N.J.