London. £65,000 – £75,000.
Our client, a leading social justice charity is looking for a Director of External Engagement to join the team and help develop the communications and advocacy strategy in line with the business objectives of the organisation.
You will be a key part of the Executive Leadership Team, and report directly to the CEO. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a policy, public affairs and strategic communications strategy to help raise the profile of the organisation amongst its target audiences.
This is a key strategic role for the organisation as it seeks to enhance its existing profile and influence. Therefore you will need to demonstrate an extensive background in external communications, policy and public affairs with a wider understanding of how these fit with the brand and marketing piece.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead on the development and implementation of the organisation’s policy, research and public affairs strategy in line with business objectives
- Lead and develop the external communications strategy and plans to support the business
- Provide strategic communications and policy advice to Trustees, the CEO and senior colleagues
- Ensure that the communication and policy function is a proactive and influential part of the organisations strategic planning process.
You will have:
- Significant experience of working across a variety of communications fields
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering an integrated communications strategy
- A background in policy development and the knowledge and experience of using evidence based policy solutions to influence Westminster and Whitehall
- Experience of developing and delivering creative and highly effective communications strategies
- Knowledge and experience of working in the criminal justice, housing or education sectors would be ideal for this position.
To apply for this role:
For more information, or to apply for the Director of External Engagement position, please forward a copy of your CV, quoting the reference no. JG-1702-4513 by no later than Tuesday 7th March 2017.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Written by James Green, Consultant
James has recruitment experience which spans both agency and in-house for business to business technology, corporate communications, financial services and consumer. More stories from James.
Photo: Anthony Devlin/PA Wire/PA Images. General view of a prison.