This position has now been filled. Take a look at our website for a full list of our current opportunities.
London W1, £Competitive
Promote and protect one of London’s greatest assets and the world’s largest retail destination.
London’s West End is a much treasured part of British heritage and culture, and a leading global shopping and leisure destination. The iconic symbolism of the West End attracts millions of visitors from around the world each year to shop on Bond Street, Oxford Street and Regent Street, the world’s largest retail destination.
New West End Company is a leading voice for the West End’s retail and property sector which makes a multibillion pound contribution to the UK economy. Over the past decade New West End Company has worked in partnership with members, partners and stakeholders to invest £50m into the area and the UK’s top shopping district has achieved a 90% increase in turnover.
The Director of External Affairs will perform a strategic leadership role in the development and management of the Company’s external affairs activities, across marketing, communications, media relations and public affairs.
Leading a team of seven and reporting directly to the Chief Executive you will act as the Company’s spokesperson to the media and when required deputise for the Chief Executive externally.
This position is part of the Company’s senior management team and a key role in promoting and protecting one of London’s greatest assets.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Chief Executive and senior management team colleagues to devise and implement an integrated destination marketing, commercial income and communications plan.
- Provide strategic leadership to the external affairs team across marketing, communications, media relations, public affairs and events.
- Ensure the effective promotion of the West End retail district to investors and occupiers, enhancing the area’s reputation and investment opportunity globally.
- Position the company as an authoritative business voice shaping and influencing positive change and providing quality insights and effective communication to members.
Required skills and experience include:
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to communicate ideas in a way that builds trust and enthusiasm.
- Strong management experience with the ability to create team spirit and provide clear direction, empowering others to achieve results.
- The capability and commitment to operate corporately as a member of the top team.
- Demonstrable senior level experience in external affairs, covering marketing, communications, media relations, public affairs and events.
For a full and detailed role description along with additional information on New West End Company’s strategic plan please select from these links:
If you are interested in this opportunity please ‘apply’ and if you have any specific questions contact Gavin Ellwood on email@example.com
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Written by Gavin Ellwood, Director of Associations & Foundations
Gavin specialises in the appointment of senior leaders, advising the boards of trade associations, professional bodies and foundations on the appointment of Directors General, Chief Executives and their communications teams.