£50,000 – £60,000. London. Permanent.
This successful business has made a huge difference in people’s daily lives across the world over the last several years and has become one of fastest growing global consumer technology brands of the FTSE 250.
Based in central London with a beautiful and well-facilitated office, this is a very exciting newly created position in the highly dynamic marketing and communications team. As the Corporate Communications Manager, you will act as a number two in the team and work closely with the Head of Corporate Communications to manage the brand’s day-to-day external communications activity, both proactive and reactive. You will work to protect the reputation of the business, devising and managing stories and campaigns to actively enhance perceptions of the brand among key stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic and hands-on individual who has worked with a mix of both big consumer and challenger brands.
Role and responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for media and stakeholder enquiries
- Work closely with the Head of Corporate Communications and the UK consumer and trade PR teams to proactively and reactively manage PR activities and journalist enquiries
- Develop and run an effective corporate press office
- Create media materials which bring the brand story to life, specifically in relation to financial calendar moments such as annual results
- Lead on the evolution and ongoing maintenance of the business’ corporate website
- Manage and evolve the brand’s corporate social media channel
- Act as a sounding board and advise colleagues in the international markets on PR and communications issues when they arise
- Write good first drafts of PR and communications plans to support proactive and reactive activities
- Support with crisis management planning and responses
- Lead communications projects to support new initiative, for example, the CSR Programme
- Represent the brand externally in meetings with media and stakeholders
- Deputise for the Head of Corporate Communications when necessary
As In-house Corporate Communications Manager, you will have:
- Solid experience in corporate communications as an In-house Communications Manager or an established Account Director from an agency, ideally with big brands experience across consumer technology, retail, food and drink, or lifestyle sectors
- A strong track record of developing successful integrated PR-led campaigns
- Ability to translate strategy and insights into PR activities with a hands-on approach
- Outstanding writing skills with the ability to adapt writing to different channels and audiences
- A strong understanding of the media landscape, including digital, and strong journalist contacts and networking skills
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships across stakeholders, both internally and externally
- A cool head in times of crisis and be able to maintain focus under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail and be highly entrepreneurial, being able to thrive in the fast-paced and fast-growing working environment
- A creative mind, with your finger on the pulse
- Good commercial acumen and ability to forecast shifts in the marketplace
- Flexibility and enjoy working in a flat structured team where you get lots of autonomy
Click ‘APPLY’ quoting the reference no. RW-1707-4798.
Written by Renee Wo, Senior Consultant
Renee specialises in consumer PR and corporate communications. With experience across consumer PR, b2b technology and corporate communications, Renee recruits mid to senior PR professionals into some of the most desirable in-house companies. Some of her clients include Sainsbury’s, Deliveroo, Uber, McDonald’s, Value Retail and Zoopla Group. More stories from Renee.
Image by Graham Hughes The Canadian Press/PA Images. A SmartHalo and accompanying smartphone app is shown on the handlebars of a bicycle at their offices in Montreal, Tuesday, November 22, 2016.