Please note applications for this role are now closed.
Full list of opportunities here (apologies it’s not mobile friendly yet, we’re working on it as you click).
Our client, a London based think tank that has pioneered policy and operational responses to the rising challenges of global conflict is looking for a communications manager to join the team.
In the midst of an exciting period of growth, the organisation are now on the lookout for a dynamic, proactive and creative communications professional to drive the external media relations and communications strategy.
The ideal candidate will have 4-5 years’ experience in a mid to senior level communications role in a political, public sector or campaigning organisation. The successful candidate will be motivated by a desire to design, implement and manage a comprehensive integrated communications strategy for an ambitious and growing non-profit organisation.
Your key responsibilities:
- Coordinate and develop the public presence online and in the media
- Implement an annual media strategy of coordinated output of by-line articles, press releases, op eds, media appearances and speaking opportunities for the senior team in target media categories
- Engage with colleagues from across the organisation to agree outcomes, objectives and key messaging for strategically significant projects and programmes
- Establish rapid-response media and communications procedures
- Day to day oversight of all communication channels including external media, website, social media, and internal communications.
- To include setting and monitoring standards and guidelines to ensure consistency and quality of messaging
- Ensure regular and accurate reporting of media and communications activities and redeploy resources when necessary
- Develop long-term relationships with key target media in national, broadcast and trade press to score media wins for the organisation
- You should have 4-5 years relevant communications experience including demonstrable evidence of achievement in media relations utilising a multi-channel approach
- Experience of developing and delivering media and communications strategies to support organisational goals
- Analytical and communication skills must be demonstrable at interview through explanation of achievements
- Some exposure to public affairs/lobbying within the context of media relations
- Clear, fluent and concise oral and written communication skills
- Confidence in editing complex material with outstanding attention to detail
- Experience of planning and delivering mailings and publications for groups of stakeholders
Written by James Green, Consultant
James has recruitment experience which spans both agency and in-house for business to business technology, corporate communications, financial services and consumer. More stories from James.
Picture by Danny Lawson PA Archive/PA Images. Air control tower.