Competitive salary. Amersham, Buckinghamshire.
Our client, The British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association (BVRLA), is looking for a Communications Manager to join the team. Its 900+ members range from huge multinationals to small family-run businesses. Together, they own and operate the largest, cleanest and most technologically advanced fleet of cars, vans and trucks in the UK. They buy nearly half of all new vehicles sold in this country, supporting around 317,000 jobs and contributing almost £25bn to the economy each year.
BVRLA members include vehicle manufacturers, leasing and rental companies and car clubs. They are driving a revolution in the way vehicles are powered, used and managed, and transforming the way society thinks about mobility.
The association has a wide variety of challenging issues on its agenda, including connected, autonomous and electric vehicles, road safety and congestion, air quality and emissions, insurance, taxation and the changing face of motor finance. It is looking for an experienced communications professional that can keep its members informed, enhance its reputation with policymakers and consumers, and respond to an increasing number of national media enquiries.
As the Communications Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing relationships with key journalists in the trade and national press
- Acting as first point of contact for all media enquiries and as a spokesperson when required
- Managing the production of a range of print and digital member communications including an Annual Report, Annual Review, newsletters and website content
- Planning and implementing media and PR campaigns in line with the association’s priorities and objectives
- Managing the association’s digital communications strategy
- Provide thought leadership for design input for the organisation’s website including social media channels
- Forging relationships with members and key industry stakeholders to help develop proactive PR and thought leadership campaigns
To qualify as the Communications Manager, you must have the following:
- Track record of working effectively in PR, press or media
- Knowledge and proven experience of public relations and media management
- The ability to write clearly, concisely and quickly on a range of different topics in a variety of formats and different audiences
- Creative, self-confident and able to express ideas and opinions
- Keen interest in business and current affairs
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and persuade
- Keen networker and relationship builder
To apply for the position of Communications Manager please forward a copy of your CV via the “Apply” button below. Please quote reference JG-1704-4611 in your application.
We’ll take you to the EA website to apply for this role, (while we’re working on making all jobs mobile friendly).
Written by James Green, Consultant
James has recruitment experience which spans both agency and in-house for business to business technology, corporate communications, financial services and consumer. More stories from James.
Photo: Paul Zinken/DPA/PA Images.