£55,000 – £65,000. Central London. Permanent.
38 Degrees is one of the UK’s biggest campaigning communities. It produces mainstream, inclusive campaigning, democracy and community-building projects, events, and large-scale crowd-fundraising.
38 Degrees puts the power into people’s hands. It’s helping to really strengthen democracy by giving 38 Degrees members’ new ways to be involved in politics. Members campaign at the national, devolved, and local level, and influence a range of decision-makers including politicians, statutory bodies and businesses.
Currently, there is a team of 35 based in London, Edinburgh and Bristol. The company has an annual turnover of £6.5 million, with aims to double this figure in the next two years.
“We’re looking for an amazing Campaigns Director to strengthen the leadership of our team. You will want to deploy your talents to serve our members’ desire to help build a better UK. You’ll be bright, decisive, strategic and inspiring. You will be a fast, flexible thinker, able to guide our team of campaigners in devising and executing great campaigns. As Campaigns Director, you’ll report to the Executive Director, working within a Senior Leadership Team alongside two other Campaigns Directors, a Communications Director and a Tech Director. You will also work regularly directly with the Board.”
Blanche Shackleton, Campaigns Director, 38 Degrees
- Leading big people-powered campaigns and playing a key role in delivering overall organisational leadership
- Managing staff and major programmes of work, overseeing campaign plans, developing partnerships, and supervising the delivery of on and offline tactics
- Being a key contributor to 38 Degrees’ organisational strategy
- Growing and deepening 38 Degrees’ membership
- Scaling up the organisation – working to improve its reputation with key audiences and increasing brand reach across digital, print and broadcast media
- Acting as a public representative to the media
- Overseeing the production of great campaign content across a range of media and registers including email, blogs, video, websites, adverts and offline print.
As Campaigns Director, you’ll have:
- An excellent understanding of the UK political system
- A keen interest in current affairs and political development with the ability to apply this knowledge to identify and develop strategic campaign interventions to further a progressive agenda
- An in-depth experience of getting campaign messages out through strategic use of a range of channels including email, social media, traditional media, and in-person events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, being a decisive editor and reliable guardian of 38 Degrees’ accuracy, style and tone of voice.
If this position is of interest, please click the ‘apply’ button below.