London. £70k – £100k.
Pan-European media management role with specialist environmental communications agency.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will have an abundance of autonomy and will project manage a major client.
An international role that works with North America and is Pan-European. This role will suit an ambitious and entrepreneurial individual with a strong record in high profile international strategic communications campaigns, in environmental issues. You will also ideally have at least some exposure to European environmental policy.
Your client is an elite organisation with a c$1b budget for environmental campaigns.
- The person will report to the Managing Director, based in London.
- Defining and researching client audiences and developing and executing the strategies to reach them.
- Designing and developing materials for internal and external audiences.
- Project managing accounts, coordinating with clients.
- Managing teams, including staff and freelancers around the world.
- Conducting research into a broad range of sometimes complex policy or technical issues.
- Supporting the development of knowledge management systems.
- Supporting business development, identifying and developing new opportunities.
You will need:
- 8-10 years’ experience in the successful design and delivery of high profile campaigns, in particular in environmental affairs.
- Strong experience internationally, in North America, Europe and emerging markets, and of large public corporations, governmental affairs and high-profile VIPs.
- Solid grasp of strategic communications theory and practice.
- Recognised leadership in particular core communications skills e.g. content or crisis management.
- Organised entrepreneurial multi-tasking self-starter.
- Ideally fluency in at least one non-English language.
- Right to work in the UK, able to work in London and travel in EU, US and internationally.
Written by Angela Thomas
Angela heads the Corporate Communications and Agency Practice and her experienced team covers the full cycle of life in the agency world. More stories from Angela.
Picture by: Yves Logghe / AP/Press Association Images. A plastic milk cow is displayed in front of the European Parliament in Brussels. Farmers and activists from all over the continent are converging on European Union headquarters to push for a food policy which is kinder to the environment and developing nations.